How could we improve the site?

For international weddings

Our wedding is in Australia and would like to enter the State and Postcode but cannot as locked only to US States and Zip. Flexibility to change these details would be lovely.

115 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminAlan (Co-Founder/Engineer, Hitched Up) responded  · 

Sooooooooo, we’re slow (sorry). For now, we’ve opened up the “state” field to be freeform entry instead of requiring a U.S. state. International folks, let me know if this satisfies the need for now!

25 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminAlan (Co-Founder/Engineer, Hitched Up) commented  · 

Sooooooooo, we're slow (sorry). For now, we've opened up the "state" field to be freeform entry instead of requiring a U.S. state. International folks, let me know if this satisfies the need for now!

• Caley commented  · 

Is anything being done about this? I've emailed a few times but haven't heard back. Considering this has been going on since July last year I'll be using another site.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes! me too. i set up all the info and then when i tried to set up the event I realised it was an American site. Please change to allow for Australian address

• ashleigh talbot commented  · 

I'd really love to use this website, but im in the uk, please can this be fixed? and could you please post an update as it seems to be an ongoing request...

• Anonymous commented  · 

Agreed on this one. Any updates on whether you're progressing with this option? Thanks!

• james commented  · 

p.s. This has been a known issue since July last year! I would find it hard to recommend this site to all of my friends who are getting married due to the number of restrictions and the slowness in fixing them.

• james commented  · 

Agreed! We are based in the UK - surely the 'State' and the phone numbers fields in the wedding address could just be free text?

• Mercedes commented  · 

Agree! I'm in UK and using the site anyway. Just chose the state Yukon and then added a note telling my guests to ignore it. However the issue with the maps and the mobile numbers does create a setback!

• Evan commented  · 

Likewise, I'm getting married in Australia too. Hitched up is pretty useless without having non-North America addresses.

• Matt commented  · 

Yep, Same here. We're in Australia too and as usual the Yanks have no idea there is a whole world outside of the US.
        I'm sure this would be very simple for them to add an extra field in to allow the choice of a Country.
        Would be perfect otherwise if this feature was added.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I'd love the option to use this service in the UK too, the rest of the site looks great, easy and well designed and formed...

• Will commented  · 

I would use your service if you fixed this, but being in New Zealand it's a bit of a deal breaker....

• Jeremy Head commented  · 

Website is great but seeing this has gone unanswered since July is off putting..

• Anonymous commented  · 

Hello, anything on this yet? I'm disappointed that I signed up for what looks like a really cool idea/service and can't actually use it due to living outside of US/Canada.
        It can't be that hard to add "other" in state field or not make it mandatory???

• Lix commented  · 

Hi there, any progress on this?

• ben roberts commented  · 

Any update on this? Its a long time since July when this was first brought up.

• Roslyn commented  · 

Same! One event in France, the other in Hawaii. Would love an international feature, please!

• Ringo Moss commented  · 

Same issue here! Would love to see this implemented!

• Anonymous commented  · 

yea same issue here. Please can we have the addr being flexible? Thanks very much!!

← Previous 1

Suggestions

Feedback and Knowledge Base